Help your business achieve its fullest potential by putting a strong internal network in place. Formerly a part of the Linksys Business Series, the Cisco SRW2008P 8-port Gigabit Switch is the heart of a digital environment. The SRW2008P supplies power for up to four attached devices at 15.4W, or to all eight gigabit ports at 7.7W apiece.
Security is a priority on the SRW2008P, which sends no information to an attached device without authentication. The SRW2008P also prioritizes dataflow with a variety of traffic-shaping mechanisms. This helps ensure high performance and clarity for heavy-traffic communications like video teleconferencing. The switch's robust management functions are easy to access using a variety of clients, and its internal monitoring software keeps tabs on your network's every operation.
Additional features of the Cisco SRW2008P 8-port Gigabit Switch include:
- Non-blocking switching capacity of up to 16 Gbps
- Up to 256 active port- and 802.1Q-based VLANs (4096 range)
- A built-in Web interface for easy, browser-based customization
- Standards-based IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Cisco SRW2008P 8-Port Gigabit Switch (Figure 1) brings Gigabit speeds to your users while adding a whole new level of intelligence and security to your network. The eight 10/100/1000 Mbps ports enable you to take advantage of the Gigabit Ethernet interfaces shipping in the current generation of servers, workstations, and storage devices, in addition to supporting existing 10/100 Mbps clients. The optional mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) ports allow you to expand the network as your business grows.
The Cisco SRW2008P supports the IEEE 802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE). For applications where four or fewer PoE devices are being connected, the Cisco SRW2008P is the ideal solution. It supports four ports at 15.4W per port (or eight ports at 7.7W). All ports have automatic load sensing circuitry that automatically detects PoE on the end device before providing power. The ports also feature independent overload and short-circuit protection, along with LED indicators for power status.
As more business functions and processes migrate to the network, having an intelligent network becomes a necessity. The SRW2008P is able to secure the network through IEEE 802.1Q VLANs, IEEE 802.1X port authentication, access control lists (ACLs), and MAC-based filtering. At the same time, the enhanced quality of service (QoS) and traffic management features ensure clear and reliable voice and video communications.
Having this additional capability is not useful if it cannot be implemented. WebView provides an intuitive, secure management interface, enabling you to better utilize the comprehensive feature set of the Cisco SRW2008P, resulting in a better-optimized, more secure network.
- Eight 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two mini-GBIC slots for fiber and copper Gigabit Ethernet expansion
- PoE available on any of the eight 10/100/1000 ports. The IEEE 802.3af maximum of 15.4W per port is available on four ports simultaneously or up to 7.5W on all eight ports
- 16-Gbps, nonblocking, store-and-forward switching capacity
- Simplified QoS management using 802.1p, Differentiated Services (DiffServ), or type of service (ToS) traffic prioritization specifications
- ACLs for granular security and QoS implementation
- WebView management enables configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser
- Secure remote management of the switch via Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) for simplified network isolation of guest connections or autonomous networks
- Automatic configuration of VLANs across multiple switches through Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) and Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (GARP)
- User/network port-level security via 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering
- Increased bandwidth and added link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Enhanced rate-limiting capabilities and storm control, including multicast, broadcast, and flood control
- Port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic
- Jumbo frame support (10 KB)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions 1, 2c, and 3 and Remote Monitoring (RMON) support
- Fully rack-mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware