For cost saving and outlet saving purpose, PLANET releases the new Layer 2 Web Smart Switch with built-in PoE injector function, FGSW-1828PS. Except the Switch architecture designed, the FGSW-1828PS also comply with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet standard and provide PoE power provision feature, the FGSW-1828PS can provide PoE power to 8 IEEE 802.3af compliant devices.
The FGSW-1828PS provide 16 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet ports with 8 PoE interfaces, the FGSW-1828PS supports MDI / MDI-X convertible on 16-10/100Mbps ports and also provide PoE inject function on port #1 to port #8 which is able to drive 8 IEEE 802.3af compliant powered devices, the FGSW-1828PS also provide two Gigabit Ethernet ports, either TP or SFP per port. The two Gigabit ports either can be 1000Base-T for 10/100/1000Mbps or 1000Base-SX/LX through SFP (Small Factor Pluggable) interfaces. The distance can be extended from 100 meters (TP), 550 meters (Multi-mode fiber), up to above 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 kilometers (Single-mode fiber).
With its Auto-Negotiation capability, all the RJ-45 / STP ports of FGSW-1828PS Switch can be configured to speeds of 10/20Mbps / 100/200Mbps (Fast Ethernet) or1000/2000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) automatically. In addition, the product are equipped with the MDI/MDI-X auto detection for easily plug and play connection, regardless of cabling types-straight through or crossover, the FGSW-1828PS also provides a simple, cost-effective, and highly reliable network connection for data as well as power. Furthermore, it is the ideal device for bridging among Ethernet, Fast Ethernet workgroups and networks, this device is ideal for all kind of the Ethernet installation, such as campus / workgroup / department / enterprise / telecom / industrial application.
The FGSW-1828PS equipped with non-blocking 7.2Gbps backplane, greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading your LAN for catering to increase bandwidth demands. For efficient management, the FGSW-1828PS Switch is equipped with remote Web interface and can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as SNMP Alert Trap, port configuration, port-based / IEEE 802.1Q / MTU VLAN, port mirroring, port trunk, QoS, bandwidth control, broadcast storm control, MAC address / TCP & UDP filter and IGMP Snooping v1/v2. Also the PoE Setting, such as PoE power Disable/Enable and PoE power consumption monitoring.
- Complies with the IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet standard
- 16-Port 10/100Mbps + 2 Gigabit TP / SFP Combo Web Smart PoE Switch
- 8-Port support 48VDC power to PoE Powered Device (Port 1 to port 8)
- Each Switching ports support auto-negotiation-10/20, 100/200Mbps (Fast Ethernet) , 1000/2000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) supported
- Auto-MDI / MDI-X detection on each RJ-45 port
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (Half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frame flow control (Full-duplex)
- High performance Store and Forward architecture, broadcast storm control, runt / CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- 4K MAC address table, automatic source address learning and ageing
- 2.75Mb embedded memory for packet buffers
- Remote Web interface for Switch management and setup
- SNMP Trap for alarm notification of events
- Broadcast Storm Control support
- Supports up to 16 / 18 port-based VLAN groups / 32 IEEE 802.1Q VLAN groups / MTU VLAN
- Supports up to 2 Trunk groups, each trunk for up to maximum 4 port with 800Mbps bandwidth
- Supports QoS , bandwidth control and MAC address filter / TCP & UDP filter on each port
- Supports port mirroring function and IGMP Snooping v1 / v2
- PoE power Disable/Enable and PoE power consumption monitoring by management interface
- Firmware upgrade through Web interface
- Password setting, IP setting and device description setting through Planet Smart discovery utility
- 19-inch rack mount size
- Internal full-range power supply suitable for worldwide use
- EMI standards complies with FCC, CE class A