Features & Benefits
Affordable, Web-managed 10/100 Power over Ethernet Switching with Gigabit Uplinks
The "smart" voice-ready 3Com® Baseline Switch 2426-PWR Plus is a web-managed Layer 2 10/100 Ethernet switch. It offers enterprise-class features, customized and priced for small- and mid-sized organizations. With an easy-to-use switch interface and advanced features (VLANs, PoE, IEEE 802.1X authentication and Rapid Spanning Tree), this switch is the most cost-effective way to provide a converged network.
Layer 2 Switching with Advanced Features
The Baseline Switch 2426-PWR Plus has twenty-four 10/100 ports and two dual-purpose Gigabit ports (copper or SFP-based fiber) to connect to high-performance computers, servers, or core network backbones.
The switch provides non-blocking performance— all ports perform at wirespeed which helps to eliminate network traffic bottlenecks. Manual link aggregation allows ports to be grouped together to form an ultra-high-bandwidth connection that greatly expands bandwidth capacity to the network backbone.
This "smart" switch has the features that help build a voice ready network, with support for auto-voice VLAN, Power over Ethernet, SNMP-based management, IGMP snooping and query and IEEE 802.1X for strengthening security.
The Baseline Switch 2426-PWR Plus also supports Spanning Tree and Rapid Spanning Tree, traffic prioritization, priority queuing and VLANs. These switching features ensure optimal use of available bandwidth as traffic flow is directed according to the needs of the business.
Power over Ethernet
The Baseline Switch 2426-PWR Plus provides inline power to attached devices— access points, Voice over IP (VoIP) phones, IP security cameras, etc.— via industry-standard IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet over a single Ethernet cable, resulting in significant deployment cost savings.
No Switch Setup Required
This Baseline Plus switch is operational straight out-of-the-box; as long as default settings are acceptable, there is no need to configure the switch. If desired, the switch can be configured using a web browser or SNMP management software.
Smart Browser-Based User Interface
For networks that require more control, the switch management interface— completely redesigned to enhance useability— allows even novice users to quickly and confidently configure the switch during initial setup or normal operation.
In addition, the web interface features individual port-traffic monitoring (port mirroring) and a unique, quick-glance switch status review. A cable diagnostic tool lets users troubleshoot basic connectivity problems via the web management interface, further simplifying network installation.
- Web-managed Layer 2 10/100 Ethernet switch
- Twenty-four 10/100 ports and two dual-purpose Gigabit ports (copper or SFP-based fiber)
- PoE provides power for IP phones, wireless LAN access points, and other compliant devices over the same cable used for data
- Auto-voice VLAN automatically assigns Voice over IP (VoIP) traffic to a voice-dedicated VLAN, optimizing this delay-sensitive traffic
- No need to configure the switch if default settings are acceptable
- If more control desired, the completely redesigned switch interface allows even novice users to quickly and confidently configure the switch
- VLANs segment the network by grouping users based on their data or traffic requirements, making the best use of available bandwidth
- With manual link aggregation, group ports together to form an ultra-high-bandwidth trunked connection to the network backbone and help prevent traffic bottlenecks
- IEEE 802.1X network access control provides standards-based security combined with local authentication
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support improves network compatibility, scalability and availability
- IGMP snooping and query and multicast filtering optimizes network performance
- Easy-to-use browser based tools allows remote detection of cable issues
- Switch can be managed with SNMP-compatible software
- Ports: total of 26 ports, with 24 autosensing 10/100 PoE ports and 4 dual-personality Gigabit port pairs, configurable as 10/100/1000 or SFP
- Performance: 8.8 Gbps, max.; wirespeed performance across ports
- Layer 2 switching: full-rate nonblocking on all ports, full-/half-duplex autonegotiation, flow control, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support, IEEE 802.1p traffic prioritization, IGMP snooping;
- Convergence: 4 hardware queues per port; traffic prioritization at Layer 2 (802.1p) and at Layer 3 (TOS with DSCP); auto-VLAN assignment for voice traffic;
- Security: IEEE 802.1X
- Power over Ethernet: IEEE 802.3af; 180W per switch, max.
- Switch management: Web-based configuration, SNMP management
- height 4.4 cm (1.7 in or 1 RU); width 44.0 cm (17.3 in); depth 23.8 cm (9.4 in)
- Weight: 3.2 kg (7.1 lb)