The SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion Module for the SoundPoint IP 650 desktop phone is an optimal solution for telephone attendants – receptionists, administrative assistants, secretaries, and other “power users” who manage and monitor multiple simultaneous telephone calls on a daily basis. The SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion Module augments the user interface of the SoundPoint IP 650 phone with a high-resolution graphical LCD with backlight and 14 multifunctional line keys that can be set up as a line registration, call appearance, or a speed-dial, direct station select (DSS) / busy lamp field (BLF)1 key. The backlit display eliminates the need for external light sources and matches elegantly with the look and feel of SoundPoint IP 650 phone.
Equipped with a high-performance attendant console, based on the SoundPoint IP 650 IP desktop phone and up to three SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion Modules, the telephone attendant can reduce the number of lost customer calls, shorten transaction times, and increase the accuracy of call routing by promptly accepting, accurately screening, efficiently dispatching and effortlessly monitoring calls.
The SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion Module also provides an easy transition from traditional PBX features and functionality into the world of Voice over IP with its large, backlit, high-resolution LCD, 14 illuminated multifunctional line keys, and user-friendly call visualization similar to that on the SoundPoint IP 650 phone.
- 160 x 320 pixel grayscale graphical LCD with backlight
- 14 multifunctional line keys automatically configurable as a line registration, call appearance, speed dial, DSS, or BLF key1
- Dual-color (red or green) illuminated LEDs for line status information
- IETF SIP (see the SoundPoint IP 650 data sheet for details)
Compatible SoundPoint IP Model
Connection with the Host Phone
- IrDA Protocol
- Compliant to Serial Infrared Physical Layer Link --SIR data rate (115.2kbits/s)
- Activated upon attachment to host SoundPoint --IP phone
- The SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion Module is powered by the host phone
- Host phone powering options: IEEE 802.3af --PoE or through an external AC adapter(48V DC)
- Powering starts automatically upon connectionIf powering more than one SoundPoint IP Color Expansion Module, an external AC adapter is required
- Up to three SoundPoint IP Backlit Expansion • Modules can be attached to the host SoundPoint IP 650 phone to provide a high-performance attendant console with 48 multifunctional line keys and four high-resolution LCD displays
- Local feature-rich GUI with animation
- Shared call appearance, bridged line appearance (Key System emulation)
- Multiple call appearances
- Flexible line appearance (requires SIP 3.0.2 • RevB or higher)
- Multilingual user interface (driven from the host SoundPoint IP 650 phone) encompassing Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English (Canada/US/UK), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish
- 5 in x 5 in x 6.5 in x 2.5 in (12.5 cm x 12.5 cm x 16 cm x 6 cm)(W x H x D x T)