Building additional conduits into your network shouldn't give you a headache. Formerly Linksys Business Series, now Cisco Small Business Unmanaged Switches, the Cisco SR224 Switch is as comfortable in a rackmount installation as it is on a desktop. Its 24 auto-switching ports can run at high speeds of up to 200 Mbps during full operation, an ideal transfer rate for a growing network.
The switch uses advanced network practices to help ensure data quality. More than fast, the SR224 delivers reliability within an easy-to-operate framework.
Additional features of the Cisco SR224 Unmanaged Switch include:
- Twenty-four 10/100 RJ-45 ports that support automatic MDI/MDI-X cable detection
- A non-blocking switching capacity of 4.8 Gbps
- Signal regeneration and advanced store-and-forward packet switching to optimize data transfers
With its advanced switching technology, the Cisco® SR224 24-Port 10/100 Switch with a 13-Inch Chassis (Figure 1) will boost your network performance with much more than just full-duplex data transfer and dedicated bandwidth. It features nonblocking, wire-speed switching that forwards packets as fast as your network can deliver them. Also included are Address Learning and Aging to prevent data transfer errors and Data Flow Control to help prevent packet collisions.
You have several installation options. The compact switch fits onto your desktop, or use the wall-mount slots to hang it out of the way. If your network equipment is in a rack, install it using the included rack-mount brackets.
No matter how intensive your network demands, the Cisco® SR224 24-Port 10/100 Switch has speed, flexibility, and reliability that you can count on.
- Ideal for integrating your 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX network hardware
- Twenty-four 10/100 ports provide dedicated bandwidth in half- or full-duplex mode
- Switched 10/100 ports run at up to 200 Mbps in full-duplex mode
- Each port supports automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) cable detection
- Compatible with all major network operating systems
- Advanced store-and-forward packet switching optimizes data transfers
- Auto partitioning protects PCs from downed network lines
- Signal regeneration ensures data transfer integrity
- Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- Ports: Twenty-four 10/100 RJ-45
- Cabling type: Category 5 Ethernet or better
- LEDs: System, 1 through 24
- Range: 328 feet
- Security features: Security slot
- Dimensions W x H x D: 11 x 1.75 x 9.45 in. (279 x 45 x 240 mm)
- Unit weight: 3.31 lb (1.5 kg)
- Power: 100V ~ 240V AC, internal 3.3V/5A
- Certification: FCC Class B, CE
- Operating temperature: 32º to 104ºF (0º to 40ºC)
- Storage temperature: -40º to 158ºF (-40º to 70ºC)
- Operating humidity: 20% to 95% noncondensing
- Storage Humidity: 5% to 90% noncondensing