Harness the full power of your network over multiple devices, all from the comfort of your desk. Formerly Linksys Business Series, now Cisco Small Business Unmanaged Switches, the SD2008 Desktop Switch allows the connection of up to eight separate devices into your network. Unlike a network hub, this switch doesn't split your connection. Each device you connect to the SD2008 can tap into transfer speeds of up to a gigabit per second.
Integrated features like advanced store-and-forward packet switching and auto partitioning help ensure that the quality of the data passing through the switch is consistent and optimized. The SD2008 supports 10/100/1000 Mbps connections in either half- or full-duplex mode.
Additional features of the SD2008 Desktop Switch include:
- Eight 10/100/1000 Mbps ports with automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover detection
- Signal regeneration to help ensure data transfer integrity
- Increased transmission reliability via address learning and aging, as well as data flow control
The Cisco® SD2008 8-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch (Figure 1) provides nonblocking, wire-speed switching for your 10-, 100-, and 1000 megabit (Mb) network clients. Use this switch to replace your current workgroup hub or switch, and you can upgrade your high-requirement workstations to full Gigabit speeds as necessary, while continuing to service other clients at their current speeds. Or build your network from the ground up, with appropriate link speeds for each user's requirements. Either way, it's perfect for graphics, multimedia, and other applications that have to move large files across the network quickly.
With the Cisco SD2008, you can connect your existing 10/100 Ethernet network to a Gigabit server backbone without any additional equipment. All ports have automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) cable detection, so you don't have to worry about the cable type. Each port independently and automatically negotiates for best speed and determines whether to run in half- or full-duplex mode. Address Learning and Aging are supported, as well as 802.3x flow control with head-of-line blocking prevention to keep your high-speed clients from bogging down in lower-speed traffic. Fast store-and-forward switching prevents damaged packets from being passed on to the network.
World-famous Cisco reliability gives you peace of mind, and the ultracompact case design is sure to fit into your workgroup environment. Let the Cisco SD2008 8-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch kick your network into high gear.
- Eight RJ-45 10/100/1000-Mbps auto-sensing half- or full-duplex switched ports
- Auto MDI/MDI-X cable detection on all ports
- Fully compliant with IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3x, and 802.3ab
- Non-head-of-line blocking architecture
- Full-duplex IEEE 802.3x flow control and half-duplex back pressure with intelligent port-based congestion detection and broadcast rate control