Network versatility is critical, whether you're opening access to a conference room or consolidating your network devices into a single hub. Formerly Linksys Business Series, now Cisco Small Business Managed Switches, the Cisco SRW208 Ethernet Switch allows interconnection of up to eight network devices. It wraps an element of future-proofing around massive throughput by delivering optimal speeds across its connections.
The SRW208 allows you to prioritize the traffic on your network using multiple customization options, keeping in mind your need for data redundancy and continuous uptime. Internal monitoring software analyzes your network's every move.
Additional features of the Cisco SRW208 Ethernet Switch include:
- Non-blocking switching capacity of up to 1.6 Gbps
- Up to 256 active port- and 802.1q-based VLANs (4096 range)
- Secure access limitations using 802.1x port authentication and MAC filtering
- Support for jumbo frames up to 1632 bytes in size
- Simplified, web-based user management for more intelligent networking
- Advanced QoS that enables the network to be optimized for your networked applications, including voice, video and data storage
- Rate limiting, policing, shaping, and multicast support
Growing businesses require cost-effective networking solutions that can scale with ever-changing business needs. The Cisco® SRW208 8-Port 10/100 Ethernet Switch with WebView (Figure 1) brings a whole new level of intelligence and security to the network infrastructure. The combination of its intelligence and small size make it ideal for a conference room or training room where security and uptime are important.
Network security is a top priority in any size business. Most business data networks, large and small, are unsecured. Unauthorized access to the network and mission-critical data is a constant concern. The Cisco SRW208 is able to secure the network through 802.1X port authentication and MAC-based filtering. The 802.1X standard requires clients to authenticate themselves before the port will pass data for them.
Businesses are recognizing the benefits of voice over IP (VoIP) and are quickly migrating their voice services to IP-based platforms, requiring their local area networks to support both voice and data applications. In unmanaged IP networks, bursty data sessions can disrupt voice packet delivery, causing poor voice quality. With the enhanced quality of service (QoS) and traffic management features in the Cisco SRW208, voice data can be prioritized, ensuring clear and reliable voice communications.
Enabling the advanced features of the Cisco SRW208 further secures the integrity of your network. The WebView interface provides an intuitive, secure management interface, enabling you to better utilize the comprehensive feature set of the switch, for a better-optimized, more secure network.
- Eight 10/100 switched RJ-45 ports deliver up to 200 Mbps of throughput per port
- 1.6-Gbps nonblocking, store-and-forward switching mechanism
- Simplified QoS management enabled by advanced queuing techniques using 802.1p, Differentiated Services (DiffServ), or type of service (ToS) traffic prioritization specifications
- Configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser with WebView management
- Secure remote management of the switch via Secure Shell (SSH) and SSL secure channel network protocols
- 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
- Automatic configuration of VLANs across multiple switches through Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) and Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (GARP)
- Automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) detection
- User/network port-level security via 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering
- Increased bandwidth (up to 8x) and link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Enhanced rate-limiting capabilities and storm control, including multicast, broadcast, and flood control
- Port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic
- Jumbo frame support - up to 1632 bytes
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions 1, 2c, and 3
- Fully rack-mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware